You are able to make an application for pupil finance, we’ve looked over the eligibility requirements for every single associated with the UK’s four nations
You apply to where you normally live determines which nation. You will find three key components into the residence eligibility that is general. Whichever of the UK’s four countries you connect with for pupil finance, you:
- Must usually reside in that country (whether England, Wales, Scotland or north Ireland).
- Should have been residing in great britain for 3 years as much as once you begin your program (‘on the very first time of this first educational year of one’s course’).
- Must certanly be A british nationwide or have ‚settled status‘ – put another way, no limitation of just how long it is possible to stay static in great britain.
If you have relocated to a different sort of british nation because of learning there, that will not count to be ‚ordinarily resident‘. You may still be eligible for support if you have been temporarily abroad, or away with the UK Armed Forces.
If you do not meet with the basic residence criteria above, there are circumstances for which you may remain in a position to make an application for pupil finance. A number of these additionally require which you have actually resided within the UK, EU, European Economic region or Switzerland for at the very least 36 months before your program begins.
These exceptions consist of:
- If you should be the little one of a Swiss national, or even the child of a worker that is turkish the UK,
- You, or an in depth general, are now living in the united kingdom and are also recognised as being a refugee, or have already been provided protection that is humanitarian
- You, or an in depth general, can be an EEA or Swiss worker that is migrant
- You might be residing in great britain as a person that is stateless having lived legitimately in britain for 36 months before your program. […]